Announcements for 6-2-12
FROM THE DESK OF MS. JACKSON
"Progress in every age results only from the fact that there are some men and women who refuse to believe that what they know to be right cannot be done."
~Russell W. Davenport
- To Krista McKinney-King and the Senior Pinning/Honors Committee for putting our first ever Pinning/Honors Ceremony. The ceremony was great, and the Chocolate Fountain afterwards made it extra special! Great Job Krista!
- To Jason Smith, for Spring Bands. The Band concert on Thursday night was fantastic. To witness the greatness to which this band program has excelled was wonderful. The commissioned piece “Skyline” was Outstanding. Great Job Jason!
- To AnneMarie Roberts and the Senior Theatre Students for putting on a thrilling production of “AND”. The production was Directed by our seniors and they did a great job. Obviously they had good training from Mrs. Roberts. Great Job Anne Marie!
- To Brittany Prochnow and Freda Didlake and the Soaring Into Skyline Committee for first stepping up to coordinate an event that they had never even seen before, but also for doing such a wonderful job. The kids had a blast and everyone left with smiles. Great Job Ladies!
- Last but certainly not least, I want to say Thank You to the Skyline staff. I saw staff members at each event supporting their colleagues and our students. A special thank you to each of you for taking the time to attend, it makes it so much more special when the students see their teachers and administrators at their events. It made for some long days,but it was well worth it.
INCLUSIVE SCHOOLS CLUB
The Inclusive Schools Club will have its final meeting of the year on Tuesday at 3:00 pm in A 304 (Ms. Czajka's room). We will be working on identifying activities for the coming school year, so bring our ideas! New members are always welcome to attend! So, if you've heard about the club and are interestd in joining, want to make a difference, please come an join us on Tuesday!
SKYLINE BOYS VARSITY GOLF TEAM
The Team advanced from the District tournament this Thursday, May 31st to move onto the Regional Tournament for a Second Year in a row! The Regional Tournament is May 7th at West Shore Golf and Country Club. Individually, Connor Lang tied for 2nd place overall at the District Tournament.
SKYLINE SENIORS CAP AND GOWN DISTRIBUTION
TUESDAY, JUNE 5TH FROM 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM IN THE COMMONS
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5TH FROM 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM IN THE COMMONS
Obligation cards need to be signed before you can pick up your cap & gown that you must wear in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Please come BEFORE OR AFTER SCHOOL to see Mrs. Adams for an Athletic signature and Mrs. Brewer for a miscellaneous obligations signature.
TRI-M MUSIC HONOR SOCIETY
Tri-M Music Honor Society is hosting a senior recital on Thursday, June 7th at 7:00 pm in the auditorium. All seniors are welcome to perform. Please sign up in any of the music rooms by Friday, June 1st.
All current Skyline students, Come join the team to learn more about the sport, Saturday, June 30th. Learn to row for FREE. Places are limited to 30, so please respond soon for information. Please email Kit Bennett for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
If all your books are returned and all fines are paid, you are automatically entered in the drawing. Win an IPod Nano with a wristband or an IPod shuffle or ITunes gift cards. All you have to do to enter is come to the Library and clear your account. So, bring all your books back and be eligible to win this year's big prizes!
All Skyline Students interested in auditioning for Skyline's fall production of The Crucible, auditions will be Tuesday, June 5th and Wednesday, June 6th from 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
Any student interested in taking an online class or CR in the fall needs to pre-register in the moodle by June 4th. Please see your counselor if you have any questions.
CR & Online Pre-Registration for Semester 1, 2012 begins on May 11, 2012 at 3pm in the AAPS Moodle
Deadline to turn in completed CR and Online Registration Packet is June 4, 2012 at 3pm
- Detailed instructions for Moodle and steps for completing the registration packet are attached.
- Students must turn in the complete packet to the CR office at Community High School, room 215, as soon as possible but no later than June 4, 2012 at 3pm.
- Applications received in the Fall 2012 because of extenuating circumstance will be date & time stamped and will be submitted for CR approval in the order in which they are received, space permitting.
More information can be found on the CR website
Sports and physicals will be conducted at Skyline from 6:00 pm-8:00 pm on Monday, June 4, 2012. Physicals are open to all high school and middle school students. The cost is $25. For additional information contact the Skyline athletic department at 734-994-7075.
Please volunteer to help set up and run the All Senior All Night Party, Monday, June 11th. Set-up from 3-10 pm during graduation. The Party is from 10:00 pm-4:00 am.www.mysignup.com/ASAN2012
Exploring College Options
Summer Program Applications and Registration now available
University of Michigan Summer Programs
College & Career Center (The Cube) - Various listings to help you get started
The best way to find summer programs is to visit your favorite college/university website and use their search box or links for "summer programs".
New Scholarship Opportunities
Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation.
The Cube's complete listing
More Scholarships: http://a2skyline.org/skyline.careercenter/scholarships
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is Available. http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
If you are planning to dual enroll at a University next fall, you must see your Counselor before June 15th to complete the paperwork.
SKYLINE HIGH SCHOOL MUSLIM STUDENT ASSOCIATION
Come join the Skyline High School Muslim Student Association! Here we watch films and eat snacks! We discuss our religion and various ethnicities and races. New members are welcome every Tuesday from 3:00-4:00 pm.
SKYLINE HIGH SCHOOL DIVERSITY CLUB
Come join the Skyline High School Diversity Club!!! We are raising money for Kliptown, South Africa! We discuss various cultures, religion and ethnicities! Bringing our difference together as one diverse union.
KROGER REWARDS & SKYLINE ALL SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY
As a reminder: It is time again to re-enroll your Kroger Card to continue earning funds in the Kroger Community Rewards Program. All participants must sign up for the program in order to earn funds for Skyline during 2012-2013. This is our main fundraiser for the ANSN(All Night Senior Party). Even if you have just signed up for Kroger Community Rewards in February or March of this year-which will earn Skyline funds as part of the 05/2011-05/2012 program, you must re-enroll after April 1, 2012 to continue earning rewards during the coming year. It's easy to enroll or re-enroll in Kroger Community Rewards. Go to www.krogercommunity.com-click on Michigan-click on enroll to register. Find your organization: Ann Arbor SKYLINE All Senior All Night Pary or NPO number 90815. All participants must have a valid online account at kroger.com and must sign up online to participate. If you have any questions, contact Sherry Goldfarb at 734-761-5547. Slgoldfarb55@gmail.com
Anyone interested in experiencing and learning about different cultures come to the multi-cultural club on Mondays from 3:00-4:00 pm.
SKYLINE HACKY SACK CLUB
Students interested in playing, learning and developing their skills with a hacky sack. Every Tuesday, immediately following school the Skyline Hacky Sack Club will meet.